Facing an Unequal World: Challenges for Global Sociology
July 13-19, 2014
Submission of abstracts to over 600 sessions organized by the ISA Research Committees, Working and Thematic Group is now open.
If you are interested in presenting a paper, please submit an abstract on-line before September 30, 2013.
For more details, please see Guidelines for Presenters http://isa-sociology.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=a380bc1925e3c97a0b2a3d4b6&id=c72da08b3c&e=004ef39dc7
The ISA Research Committee "Logic and Metodology" (RC33) is participating at the XVIII World Congress of Sociology (13-19 July, 2014) with 18 sessions. See the call for papers at http://www.isa-sociology.org/congress2014/rc/rc.php?n=RC33.
The titles of our sessions are:
- Panel Data Analysis of Families Worldwide
- Analysing and Counteracting Undesired Response Patterns in Survey Research
- Challenges to the Secondary Analysis of Large-Scale Cross-National Comparative
- Cognitive Aspects of Survey Research
- Dealing with Nonresponse: Strategies to Increase Participation and Methods for Post-Survey Adjustments
- Design Aspects of Response Scales in Surveys
- Facing the Challenges of Data Collection via Mobile Internet
- How to Think Methodology without Notion of Object nor Subject?
- Latent Constructs or Simply Descriptive Measures? Index Based Measurement and Applications
- Measuring and Making Use of Social Embeddedness in Survey Research
- Methods of Social Network Analysis
- Recent Advances in Composite Likelihood Methods for Modelling Multivariate Longitudinal Data
- Response Latencies in Survey Research: Methodology and Applications
- Spatial Methods
- Theoretical and Methodological Challenges in the Study of Different Dimensions and Aspects of Inequality
- Time Use and Daily Activities
- Using Survey Data to Describe Societies at Global Level - Is There Still a Hidden Treasure?
- Well-being and Quality of Life. Methodological Challenges for Cross-National Surveys
The registration for the conference and the abstract submission is now open. The paper proposals are accepted by September 30, 2013. You can submit them using the ISA online system at http://www.isa-sociology.org/congress2014/.
When submitting abstracts, also keep in mind the following ISA rule:
"Limited appearance in the Program Participants may be listed no more than twice in the Program. This includes all types of participation - except being listed as Program Coordinator or Session Organizer. Program Coordinators and Session Organizers can organize a maximum of two sessions where their names will be additionally listed in the program. A "participant" is anyone listed as an author, co-author, plenary speaker, roundtable presenter, poster presenter, panelist, critic, discussant, session (co)chair, or any similar substantive role in the program. A participant cannot present and chair in the same session."
Here are some important dates:
Abstract submission: June 3 - September 30, 2013
Abstract selection: October 4 - November 24, 2013
Notification letters to submitters: November 30, 2013
Deadline for conference registration: April 1, 2014 (in order to be included in the program) (see http://www.isa-sociology.org/congress2014/congress_registration.htm)