First Announcement and Call for Papers
The International Conference on Shared Parenting 2015 will gather delegates from across the world at the “Gustav-Stresemann-Institut (GSI)” in Bonn, Germany, on 08-10 July 2015 to discuss best practices for legislative and psycho-social implementation of shared parenting as a viable and beneficial solution for children whose parents are living apart. This includes the following subjects:
1. Legislation required for shared parenting implementation in different legal and cultural environments
2. The formulation of model shared parenting arrangements
3. Educational programs needed for the implementation of shared parenting
4. Therapeutic programs needed for the implementation of shared parenting
5. The role of family mediation in the implementation of shared parenting
6. Best practices to reduce high conflict and family violence
The event will be jointly chaired by the President of the International Council on Shared Parenting (ICSP), Prof. Edward Kruk, MSW, PhD, University of British Columbia, Canada, and the Chair of the ICSP Scientific Committee, Prof. Dr. jur. Hildegund Sünderhauf, Lutheran University Nuremberg, Germany. Experts in the field of shared parenting – both from science and family professions – are invited to present their research results and practical experience by submitting a contribution to the Call for Papers. The conference language is English, simultaneous translation will be provided in English, French and German.
The International Council on Shared Parenting (ICSP) is an international association with individual members from the sectors science, family professions and civil society. The purpose of the association is first, the dissemination and advancement of scientific knowledge on the needs and rights (“best interests”) of children whose parents are living apart, and second, to formulate evidence-based recommendations about the legal, judicial and practical implementation of shared parenting. The first International Conference on Shared Parenting organized by the ICSP took place in Bonn, Germany, on 9-11 July 2014.