Abstracts are due DECEMBER 1, 2018.
To be considered for participation in the second Global Carework
The Call for Papers is here: https://www.uml.edu/Research/CWW/carework/Summit/.
Below are some of the many reasons to submit and attend. Hope to see you there!
TOP TEN REASONS TO ATTEND THE GLOBAL CAREWORK SUMMIT IN TORONTO
1. Be inspired and challenged by Juliana Martinez-Franzoni, a leading scholar of care in Latin America, whose innovative work draws links between policy regimes and care.
2. Hear Pat Armstrong’s latest thinking about care work and the intersections of scholarship and communities based on her groundbreaking international collaborations.
3. Engage with authors at one of our ‘Big Book Ideas’ sessions and bring your own book to share at our informal book exchange.
4. Dialogue with care scholars from the UK, Australia, Costa Rica, Singapore, New Zealand, Chile, Poland and many other countries (add yours here by coming to join us!!).
5. Attend panels that combine academic and activist knowledge and help us think about how to change the world one project at a time.
6. Enjoy the affordability of the conference registration fee (and free lunch!) while visiting a vibrant, diverse, urban setting with endless possibilities to try unique food.
7. Contribute to a special issue of the International Journal of Care and Caring on “The Changing Character of Carework: New Risks and Responses.”
8. Stay an extra day or two to visit the renowned collections at the Royal Ontario Museum and cutting edge exhibits at the Art Gallery of Ontario, or to explore Toronto’s beautiful neighborhoods and green spaces.
9. Learn about the pioneering work of the International Labour Organization (ILO) in making the care economy front and center in multinational policy conversations.
10. Connect with a dynamic and passionate group of scholars, opening up pathways for ongoing networking, innovative collaborations, and fun.