Apologies for cross-postings!
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS. THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 30 MARCH 2017
The Uses of Sociological Knowledge:
Challenges and Dilemmas for Southern European Sociology
We are pleased to announce the Mid-term Conference of the Network “Southern European Societies” to be held 19-21 April 2017 in Córdoba, Spain.
“Southern European Societies” is the Research Network (RN27) of the European Sociological Association. By organizing regular meetings, it brings together research experiences and critical views of the different ways in which research is being conducted, along with perspectives concerning social trends and socio-politics operating in southern Europe.
We invite interested researchers in areas of special significance for southern European countries to send a short abstract (500 words) for paper presentation, as well as abstracts for colloquia and round tables.
Although other proposals will be welcome, we especially invite proposals on the following topics:
- Sociological research and the development of civil society, public policies and democracy in Europe;
- Uses and applications of sociology with special implications for social European societies (including applications to important areas, such as welfare, employment, education, migration, poverty, political participation and other social phenomena);
- Knowledge transfer in sociology: conceptual approaches, organizational modes and research;
- The combination of applied social research and internationalization;
- The role of research centres and professional associations in the use and development of sociological knowledge;
- Sociology in EU and National science policies: interdisciplinarity, knowledge transfer, evaluation and funding;
- Public sociology and the audiences of sociology;
- Open science in sociology and its contribution to language diversity and social inclusion;
- The communication and diffusion of sociological knowledge.
The Conference is organized by ESA RN27 in collaboration with the Spanish Sociological Federation and the Institute for Advanced Social Studies (CSIC). A selection of papers subject to peer review will be published in special issues of journals edited by the sociology associations of Spain, southern European countries and international publishers. Other papers will be part of a book agreement with a major international publisher.
For more information regarding the conference, use the links below or the attached PDF flyer.
You can submit your abstracts directly to the conference organizers: email@example.com, on copy to Manuel Fernandez Esquinas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Luís Baptista (email@example.com).
Abstract submission: 20 March (extended deadine: 30 March)
Notification of acceptance: 31 March
Registration: 10 April